Avanti is proud to be have been accepted as a member of both the British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) and the CHSA (Cleaning and Hygiene Suppliers Association), which is the trade association of suppliers to the cleaning industry. As a member of these associations, we agree to observe a Code of Practice which demonstrates our high standards in the conduct of our business.
The British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc)
BICSc is the largest independent, professional and educational body within the cleaning industry and has almost 5,000 individual and corporate members in the UK and abroad.
BICSc Code of Practice
Members and Corporate Members of the Institute undertake to abide by the Articles and Memorandum and the rules and bye-laws of the Institute as they may from time to time be in force.
The principles of the Code of Practice are as follows:
A Member shall not use the status invested in him/her as a member of the Institute for direct personal gain and shall seek always to enhance the professional image of the Institute by:
- Maintaining a high standard of integrity in all his working relationships whether inside or outside the organisation in which he or she is employed.
- Fostering the highest possible competence and expertise among those for whom he or she may be responsible.
- Seeking to take a positive role in Institute Regional and National affairs, by attending meetings and assisting in appropriate ways at Regional and National events.
- As a Corporate member, by supporting such events and encouraging staff to participate in them.
- Complying with both the letter and spirit of the appropriate legislation of the country in which he or she works.
- Discharging any obligations into which he or she may have entered in the course of their employment or matters of business.
- Rejecting working practices which might reasonably be deemed improper.
- Ensuring the availability of appropriate training for any staff under his or her control and encouraging staff to take part in such training.
- Raising his or her own standards of professional competence by taking advantage of any training that may be made available.
- Declaring any personal interest that may conflict or might be deemed by others to conflict with his or her impartiality in commercial employment or contractual matters or in Institute affairs.
- Not divulging any confidential information which may be received in the course of employment or Institute affairs and not seeking to use such information to his or her personal advantage.
Cleaning and Hygiene Suppliers Association (CHSA)
Representing more than 200 manufacturers and distributors across the UK, the Cleaning and Hygiene Suppliers Association is the Trade association of suppliers to the cleaning industry.
CHSA Code of Practice
As the Trade Association for suppliers of cleaning and hygiene materials and equipment, CHSA invites applications for membership from both manufacturers and distributors operating in the 'Away from Home' market. Acceptance into the Association indicates that the applicant has met the highest standards of professional conduct - members are obliged to abide by its Code of Practice. Users of the products and services offered by CHSA members can therefore have total confidence that they are dealing with reputable, highly professional, quality companies whose main aim is to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Download the CHSA Code of Practice here